This article explains how to create a lot using the selling form.
Before putting items up for sale, you must first: create your store and define your settings.
For each new lot, you will need to decide in which collection category you want to sell.
Select the collection category for your lot. Try to be as precise as possible. This will increase your chance of selling!
Tip: Do you already know the category number? Enter it directly in the “Category number” field.
View all of the Delcampe category numbers by clicking here
During this step, you will need to choose a title, a description and one or more photos (up to 99) for your lot. These are key elements of your advert and provide an opportunity to attract buyer attention. Be clear and concise, and write with your buyers in mind!
Tip: Don’t know what to enter in the description field? Use the models provided by clicking on "Use the template"
As a Club+ Gold member, you can also enter a personal reference in order to better organise your items.
- Select your currency among the suggested currencies.
- Specify if you would like to sell the lot at a fixed price or by auction.
Depending on your choice, you will need to provide a selling price and the quantity available, or a starting price and the minimum bid increment.
End of sale
During this step, you must choose the end date of the sale and the number of sales renewals:
- Select the end date of the sale via the date selector. It cannot be more than 28 days out.
- Choose how many times you want to renew the sale.
For example: if you choose five renewals per seven-day period and your item isn’t sold during the first period, it will renew at the end of each period up to a maximum of five times for every seven-day period.
Tip: You can choose not to renew or to renew until the item is sold
You can link the item to an existing fee template, define the charges for the item only, or offer free delivery. Defining fees per item should only be used when a very specific item is sold. This is the case when the creation of a reusable template cannot be entertained because the item for sale is special and is not similar to what you usually sell. If the charges you define can be used for other sales, it’s better to create a template.
a) To link the item to an existing fee template:
- Check "Automatic fees"
- Select the preferred template in the drop-down list. If you select a template based on weight, you have to indicate the weight of the item for sale. You can also offer free delivery at this stage by selecting the “Free delivery” template.
Tip: If you want to check the sales conditions of the template selected, click on "Display the template". If you want to create a new template or change an existing template , click on "Manage my templates"
b) To define fees for this item only:
- Check "Manual fees"
- Next to "Zone 1" (which includes at least your country), click on "Define fees"
- Then click on "Select a shipping method" to choose a delivery method from the list of available methods
- Enter the price for this delivery method
- If you wish to add other delivery methods for this zone, click on "Add a new delivery method"
If necessary, repeat the steps for the other zones
Warning: the mention "Undefined fees" means that you have not set any shipping costs for this zone. If you submit the form and leave a zone with undefined shipping costs, the system assumes that you do not want to sell the item in that zone. Buyers from these countries will not be able to bid on or purchase the item.
If you want to require tracking based on the payment method, this is not possible here. It is necessary to create a fee template with this option checked and link your item to it.
c) To offer free delivery:
- Check "Free delivery"
- The mention "free delivery" will be visible on the sale within the search lists
Additional options (optional)
Do you have lots you would like to highlight further?
Add sales options to your advert. To do this, just click on "Add this option" below the option you would like to apply.
You can remove the option selected by clicking on "Remove this option"
Note: You must meet one of the following conditions to add sales options (fee):
- Have at least EUR 10.00 in your account
- Be a Club+ Gold member
- Have at least 100 ratings with an average of minimum 95%
To validate the sale of your item, click on "Sell"
You’ll receive a reminder of the total cost if you selected options.
You can also tick off the following boxes:
You will receive a confirmation message once the item is online.
The item will appear in your store in the category you selected and in your items for sale: ongoing.
Tip: Explore our other sales methods:
Delcampe Lister: This tool has been specifically designed to allow a large number of items to be put up for sale quickly. It also allows you to import adverts via an Excel, CSV or XML file.
Delcampe API: This tool enables you to synchronise the sales on your website with those of your Delcampe store.