This article covers the following subjects:
How to create an item
You can create items easily via the Delcampe Lister using the sales wizard. It offers a step by step guide.
Hint: you can also create bulk items for sale using a CSV or Excel file [See article “Import and export a file via Lister”].
To create an item:
- Select the folder you would like to import your items into
- Click “Add”
- Follow the steps suggested by the wizard (see below)
Hint: Do you already know how to create an item? Continue directly to the section “How to send an item”
The steps to create an item
Website and category
For each new item, you need to decide which national Delcampe website to sell on, the currency and the collection category.
To do this:
- Choose your country from the drop-down menu. If your country is not listed select the option “International”.
Hint: When you choose a national Delcampe site, your items will automatically appear on the international website (.net) as well.
- Select the currency for your chosen country (e.g. EUR for France). If you have only chosen the international site, you are free to choose the currency you want.
- Choose the collection category for your item.
Hint: When you choose a category, try to be as precise as possible. This increases your chance of selling.
During this step, you need to choose a title and description for your item. This is a key part of your advert and is an opportunity to attract customers’ attention. Be clear and concise, and put yourself in the position of your customers.
If you wish, you can add a personal reference to help organize your items.
This step speaks for itself: add images to your item. You can add up to 99 images for free. This part of your advert is at least as important as the title and description. Choose high-quality images which spark curiosity for your customers.
To do this:
- Choose the images you want to add
The website accepts the following image formats (maximum size recommended): 2Mb) :gif, jpg, jpeg, pjpeg, x-png, png, bmp, x-ms-bmp, tiff.
You can change the image order or even delete them using the icons on the right.
End of sale
After this step, you can choose the type of sale, the duration and number of sale renewals:
- Specify if you would like to sell the item at a fixed price or auction it. Depending on your choice, you need to choose a sale price and the amount available, or a starting price and the minimum auction increment.
- Choose the sale duration: 7, 10, 14, 21 or 28 days.
- Specify the sale end time.
Warning: the end time influences the sale duration. e.g.: If you list an item for sale on Wednesday at 15:15 for a period of 7 days and you choose 18:00 as the end time, the sale will finish the following Wednesday at 18:00 (7 days and 2hrs 45 minutes).
- Choose how many times you would like to renew the sale. e.g.: if you choose 5 renewals and your item is not sold during the initial sale period, it will renew at the end of each period up to a maximum of 5 times.
- If you wish to you can specify a specific end day. e.g.: If you would like to ensure that your items for sale are seen on a Monday, you can schedule your adverts to always end on a Sunday. To do this simply select the day in the drop-down menu.
Note: The sale end date will be the day specified by this figure and the renewal duration
Do you have items you would like to highlight? Add sale options to your advert. To do this, simply check the box next to the option you would like to apply.
The options will be applied during the initial sale period and will then be deactivated. If you would like to keep these options for each renewal, check the option:
Note: if you check this box, you will be charged for this option at each renewal.
How to send an item
To send your Lister items to Delcampe:
- Select the Lister folder where the items are stored
- Check the box containing the items you would like to send.
Hint: to select all items in a folder, you just need to check the box to the left off the “Folder” column.
- Confirm sending by clicking “Send”
- Once the items have been sent they will be marked with a
You can also mark items as sent or not sent:
- Select the images you want to mark
- Click or