Once they receive the payment request, buyers have 14 days to pay for their purchase.
If the seller does not receive payment by this deadline, they can:
Opening a dispute
- Go to My mediation center
- Select the seller status and enter the item number (without spaces or a leading #)
- Select "Payment not received" as the subject of the dispute
- Enter a short explanation
- Click on "Open a dispute"
Note that a dispute can remain open 90 days maximum after the close of the sale.
Cancel the sale
If the buyer does not respond within seven days of the opening of the dispute, the seller can cancel the sale and recover the commission calculated on it.
Tip: professional sellers should replace the term "payment request" by "invoice".
Was this article helpful?49 out of 64 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request