An item can only be paid for if you have received a payment request from your seller. Some sellers set up their account so that payment requests are sent automatically upon sale. Others prefer to create their payment requests by including the fees for the sale themselves.
Warning: all of your purchases must be paid to your sellers directly. Never credit your Delcampe account to pay for your purchases.
This article covers the following subjects:
My seller sent me a payment request
- Go to “My purchases: To pay"
- Select the transaction and push the button "Pay"
- Choose a shipping method
Tip: your seller may require tracked delivery in the case of payment by PayPal, for instance. In this case, you will not be able to select a shipping method without tracking.
- Choose from among the payment methods provided by your seller and select the payment method best suited to your needs.Only the payment methods accepted by your seller will be displayed.
- Click on "Continue to pay"
- Follow the instructions to pay
For payments by bank transfer, cheque or cash, we ask you to confirm your payment only if you have done so. In other words, payments by bank transfer must be made via your bank. You must personally send your cheque or cash to your bank. You must personally send your cheque or cash payment.
My seller didn't send me a payment request
In this case, your seller has not enabled the automatic sending of payment requests. Therefore, he is obliged to do it himself.
He has 7 days to send you the payment request.
- Once you receive the payment request, you are invited to pay for your purchase. Please refer to the section "My seller has sent me a payment request" to find out how to do so.
- If you don’t receive the payment request within this time frame, follow the instructions below:
- Contact your seller, if you haven’t already
- Open a dispute if you don’t hear from them
- Wait for seven days after the claim has been submitted to consider your purchase cancelled